How to Contact the Chief Medical Resident On Call
There is a chief medical resident on call 24 hours a day to provide support and guidance to the house staff and to provide service, assistance and clarification to faculty and other members of the BIMC family.
The chief on call has direct access to a residency program director 24 hours a day.
Please follow the steps to contact the CMR on call:
1. Do not go through the hospital operator. Do not ask the operator to page the chief medical resident on call.
2. Do not page a CMR via PRISM text paging.
3. Dial the hospital's telephone paging system and page 10026. Enter the complete number, including area code, that you would like a call back to--and remember that many hospital extensions cannot be reached from an outside phone or a cell phone.
4. It's always better to page someone to your cell phone if possible.
5. If you do not get a response: Call the MAR (Medical Admitting Resident) at 212-844-5070 (or page them at 10011), or you can ask the hospital operator to do this for you. Ask the MAR to page the chief medical resident on call to your number and they will do so for you.
6. The hospital page operator number is 212-420-2000 and they can always assist you in paging the chief medical resident, however the above steps are strongly recommended as the most reliable way to reach the chief on call.
Lastly - you can check amion.com (password: bimcny) and see the name of the CMR on call and try the CMR cell phone, if available.